Join us February 2, 2018 from 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm for Medical Marijuana and the Federally Licensed/Certified Health Care Provider in Pennsylvania.
According to the Wolf Administration, as of December 27, 2017:
- More than 10,000 patients have registered for the Pennsylvania medical marijuana program, and 1,188 of these patients are already certified by a physician to participate.
- Eight grower/processors were approved by the Dept. of Health to begin operations.
- Over 250 physicians in Pennsylvania are currently certified to prescribe medical marijuana.
Medical marijuana is coming to Pennsylvania in 2018. As an employer and long-term care provider, you must be prepared for a new era of legal medical marijuana in Pennsylvania.
The webinar will examine the complex interplay between the Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Law and Federal laws which prohibit the manufacturing, distribution and possession of marijuana.
We will include a review of experience in other states that have implemented a legal medical marijuana program, the DEA position on medical marijuana and Federally licensed health care providers, and the steps LeadingAge PA members can take to protect their most important asset, their Medicare and Medicaid certification, while respecting resident/patient choice to use medical marijuana.
Finally, we will discuss what employers need to know with regard to their employees’ use of medical marijuana. The presentation will include discussions of protections afforded employees certified to use medical marijuana, as well as what employers must tolerate in their work places.
- Learn how to protect your Federal licensure/certification and reimbursement.
- Find out the preparations you need to make as an employer regarding potential use of medical marijuana by employees.
- Discover how legalized medical marijuana will impact your residents and facility.
Presented by Capozzi Adler, P.C.
Daniel Natirboff, Esq.
Glenn Parno, Esq.
Brandon Williams, Esq.
Click here to register for this webinar: https://leadingagepa.adobeconnect.com/eyie6bdv7kdj/event/registration.html