Life Enrichment & Activities
Nonprofit senior living communities across Pennsylvania are hiring for full-time, part-time, and per-diem activities, social services, wellness, fitness, beautician, and life enrichment jobs in your area.
- Career growth opportunities and support
- Tuition discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Life-long friendships
- Diverse and growing workforce
- Medical and dental coverage (specifics dependent on community and job role)
- Shift differentials and overtime (specifics dependent on community and job role)
Advance your career
In charge of all things fun, activities specialists plan and implement activities for residents. With a focus on providing a good mix of relaxation, excitement, and entertainment to the residents, activities specialists coordinate fun, engaging events to encourage socialization and improve daily living.
- Entry Level position
- On-the-job training provided by community
Music and Art Therapist
Through research-based art and music therapy techniques, therapists will evaluate and treat patients while helping them create art. Therapists connect with patients and provide methods that allow them to sustain their emotional and mental well-being while encouraging them to express their emotions and feelings.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in American Music Therapy Association approved Music Therapy degree program
- Pass Certification Board for Music Therapists Licensing exam
- Master’s degree and 700 hour internship
- Complete 1000 supervised hours of direct client care
- Pass exam by Art Therapy Credentials Board
Beauticians and Barbers
Making sure that all residents look and feel their best, beauticians and barbers foster a welcoming environment and provide haircuts, styling, and color to meet residents’ requests. Many communities even have a spa and offer esthetician and massage therapist services as well.
Fitness Specialist / Personal Trainer
Fitness specialists believe that everyone deserves a healthy and happy lifestyle — no matter their age. Fitness specialists analyze patients’ health and exercise needs and develop tailored exercise and nutrition programs. Duties include leading group fitness and nutrition classes, as well as providing one-on-one training sessions to patients. Many communities also have a pool and will require lifeguard certification.